"At this point, I've answered this question, talked about this," Booker said on CNN's "State of the Union." "I'm just referring questions about the vice presidency to the woman that's going to have to make this decision. You should talk to the Hillary Clinton campaign. What I do know is that on the Democratic side, there are many fabulous candidates — people that could be really strong vice presidential candidates."
Booker's answer was less conclusive than the one he offered to MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell in mid-June. Around then, he said, "It's complimenting and everything like that, yet I'm not being checked."
Booker, 47 and a rising star in the Democratic Party, is seen as somebody who could empower the crusade of a standout amongst the most well known figures in American governmental issues.
"Look, as you know, Chris Christie and I — even though we're in different parties, and I could write a long dissertation on our disagreements — when I was mayor of the largest city in the state and he was governor, we found ways to work together," Booker said. "But, frankly, I don't care who you put with Donald Trump. You're not going to find a good partnership to lead this country."
No comments:
Post a Comment